Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Baking, baking and more baking

This past Saturday I woke up early and baked a few batches of cookies for a car wash benefiting a friend.

My sister told me to take pictures early in the morning, so I did. And can I just say that these pictures are some of my best that I have ever taken! When it comes to the lighting, I mean. My kids will always take the cake on that.

Ahh... the snickerdoodle. Probably my husband's favorite cookie. He loves my recipe.--so can I take a moment right not to say just how wonderful my husband actually is? He eats anything I make whether or not I messed it up. But he does really like my cookies, I promise!--
And now for the funfetti cookies. My sister made them first, so I decided to take a crack at it. It is really easy. The recipe is on the side of the box. You omit the water, and add 2 eggs with 1/3 cup oil. They came out a little doughy, but everyone at the car wash loved them. Or they just didn't want to hurt my feelings. ;)
And finally, my devil's food chocolate chip-coconut cookies. I did the same with the cake mix, but added chocolate chips and sweetened flaked coconut. But I think it would have been much better if I had put in toasted almonds instead of coconut. Next time.


1 comment:

Amy Wing said...

Mmmmmm... this post is making me hungry...